Newspaper

News

  • Check out Epsilon Rho's inv...

    Movember is a month given to raising awareness about men's health topics in general. This year the men of the EP chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon here ...Read More

Delta Kappa Epsilon History

In 1844, at Yale College in New Haven, Conn., a disillusioned group of fifteen men declined invitations to the Alpha Delta Phi and Psi Upsilon fraternities and instead chose to form a new group.  On June 22, they met in 12 Old South Hall and created a society named Delta Kappa Epsilon. There, they decided on an open motto:  (Kerothen philoi aei), meaning, "Friends from the heart, forever."



Epsilon Rho Chapter History

The Epsilon Rho chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon was founded in 1983 by a group of sixteen men. The first man to serve as Brother Beta was Creston Alexander King, III. The name of the Chapter is derived from the motto of Duke University, “Eruditio et Religio." From its inception up until 1995, the Chapter made its home in Wilson Dormitory. From 1996 until 2003, the Chapter was located in Edens Quad. Since 2003, the Chapter has resided in Craven Quad, House AA.